Haddonfield Japan Exchange
Board Meetings are normally the third Thursday of every month at 7 PM.
Upcoming Board Meetings:
April 23 (Dine & Donate - at 6pm)
Expected Travel to Japan: Early July 2020 (2 weeks)
Tokyo Olympics are 7/24/20-8/9/20
The Haddonfield Japanese Exchange (HJE) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that promotes an annual exchange program between students from Haddonfield and Japan. In alternating summers, about 12-20 students (and chaperones) from Japan and the U.S. visit one another and stay with host families.
Want to Help?
Please check out our How You Can Help page for ideas on how to help our non-profit organization grow.
Click the button below for more details on donating. We're very grateful for your generosity, and every little bit helps!
The HJE was started in 2006 by retired Philadelphia teacher Bill Brown. This international exchange has been a labor of love for Mr. Brown, who has led the trips to Japan and the United States for over a decade. In the summer of 2019, Mr. Brown retired from the program, but still provides support from home!
Trip of a Lifetime
- The journey to Japan has been an incredibly positive experience for hundreds of students and their families.
- Students are responsible for travel expenses (airfare; bus; etc.) and souvenir money. All other expenses and activities are covered by our fundraising efforts.
- The program is open to teenage students who reside in Haddonfield.
- Partakers make international and lifelong friends, while gaining firsthand experience on other cultures.
- You don't have to speak Japanese!