Board Meetings are the second Monday of every month at 7:30 PM
The Haddonfield Japanese Exchange (HJE) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that promotes an annual exchange program between students from Haddonfield and Japan. In alternating summers, about 15-20 students (and chaperones) from Japan and the U.S. visit one another and stay with host families.
Want to Help?
Please check out our How You Can Help page for ideas on how you can help our small non-profit organization grow.
You can also click on the button below for more details on how to donate to us. We're very grateful for your generosity, and every little bit helps!
The HJE was started in 2006 by retired Philadelphia teacher Bill Brown. This international exchange has been a labor of love for Mr. Brown, who has been leading the trips to Japan and in America for almost a decade.
Trip of a Lifetime
- "The trip of a lifetime" to Japan has been a hugely positive experience for so many students and their families.
- Students are responsible for round-trip airfare and souvenir money. All other expenses and activities are covered by our fundraising efforts.
- The program is open to teenage students who are Haddonfield residents.
- Make international and lifelong friends.
- Learn about other cultures.
- You don't have to know Japanese!